1. What will be the subject of your profile essay? What place will you profile?
The subject of my profile is a local rendezvous for all the community in Bakersfield, but specially for people who are interested in doing art as a means of recovery for any physical or psychological problem they may have; the place is the chapel located next to the Mercy Hospital in Downtown Bakersfield where the Art for Healing program takes place.
2. What will be the dominant impression your essay will evoke?
The dominant impression my essay will evoke is to find a place that cares for the well being of the community based on my perception.
3. What narrative perspective will you choose?
I'll use first-person.
4. What will be your "Beginning"?
My beginning will be about my first impression in the Art for Healing program, making a description of the place, and explaining what's the purpose of this place in the community.
5. How will you structure your "Middle"?
My middle will be about my experience in this place and how my perception and expectations from the first visit to now has change.
6. What will you use in your "Conclusion"?
In my conclusion I'll make a summary of the most important facts and impressions about this place, why do I consider it important for the community, and how people can do to join this place.
7. How will you use dialogue?
I will use dialogue to make more vivid my profile essay introducing dialogues between me and the director of Art for Healing, and a few people I've met over there.
8. What "Characters" will your essay feature?
The characters will be me, the director of the program, and one or two more people.
9. What "Illuminating Details and Anecdotes" will you use?
I will use vivid descriptions about the place and what I consider is meaningful to the story, giving my opinions and experiences.
10. How will you use all (or most of) the senses? What visual images will you use? What auditory images? What tactile images? What gustatory images (tastes)? What olfactory images (smells)?
I will emphasize my descriptions based on my senses. Since it is a place surrounded by art, it's going to be easy to makes descriptions and the use of all my senses is essential.
11. What verb tense will you use? Past tense? Present tense?
I will use present tense.
Nice work, Nathi. This sounds like it will be a good essay.
ReplyDelete