To be lost in the world can have a lot of different connotations and differ from person to person based on personal experiences. I can feel I'm lost in the world if I have experience the lost of somebody who was really important in my life, and that my everyday activities where surrounded by that person. For example, a person can feel is lost in the world if she/he is getting divorced, if a loved one has passed away, if she/he has lost his/her job, and so on.
Being "lost in the world" refers to the feeling of not knowing what to do because you are experiencing a difficult time where you have to balance your life, make decisions, and accept your new reality.
Nice work, Nathalie! I like your definition of being lost as a kind of indecision, a stasis in which one is unable/unwilling/too scared to move, to act.
ReplyDelete